Tuesday, February 5, 2008

2/5 McCloud 4-5

Well, I honestly don't understand how McCloud still has more to say about comic books, but, thank god, there's still three more chapters! I get it, graphic novels are complex. However, his information does seem to stick in my brain as I've been able to notice his explanations elsewhere. Shit weather and contagious roommates have confined me to my apartment where I've been able to watch every single one of my favorite movies on my road to recovery.

While watching Kill Bill the other day, I couldn't help but be reminded of some of McCloud's jive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URNEy3zT9kk

During the O-Ren anime scene there are several instances that are relatable to the book. Even though it isn't all still frame, there are several instances of aspect to aspect, subject to subject, and some of the other comic transitions. The style of art is also very typical of Asian comics. Elements involving motion such as horizontal lines to portray movement are used in some situations as well as word bubbles to show a noise being made. Good job, Quentin.

No comments: