Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1-23 Blankets Ch 3-5

In reading chapters 3-5 of Blankets, I got kind of angry. I've gone to Christian camps and things and can relate to overly religious fanatics and I find them extremely annoying. I feel like Craig finally starts to take notice that he cannot find absolute certainty in religion as he feels like an outcast from camp and feels guilty about almost everything. I'm hoping in the next few chapters he realizes that religion isn't a fix-all solution.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jQklrw5y-0k&feature=related



The crazy preacher on the quad reminds me of the religious figures in Blankets in that they make everything appear to be a sin. Ignore the lame commentary.



I also thought the drawings on page 209 were an interesting display of how one graphic novel can use a variety of different drawing styles ranging from realistic to very cartoon-like.

No comments: